Google+

Thursday, June 05, 2008

oy

Back in April I wrote about a friend who visited me and brought me a metal lizard with brightly colored dots on it. Well, the day she came, she wore a blouse that was a pastel derivation of red-orange – I guess that’s how I’d best describe the color. In the course of correspondence she had talked about a blanket she made her grandson. It had bubbles and rubber ducks on it.


acrylic on canvas, 5" x 5"

Thus you have the visual ingredients for this painting: the background color, bubbles and ducks. I figured combining these elements would be a fun way to remember her visit. Working on the composition took some thought. This was a fun piece to paint.

4 comments:

  1. The duck is adorable. Maybe it's just me, but the circular area in the upper left is reminiscent of a breast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lana:

    No breast was intended - just bubbles.

    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so playful and retro, I love it! The dots almost look like soap bubbles from a bath tub.

    ReplyDelete
  4. melissa:

    I hadn't thought about that, but it reinforces the theme. Thank you for the feedback.

    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete