Google+

Monday, June 09, 2008

oz

Riccobono's Peppermill Restaurant is a local restaurant
that I frequented before Hurricane Katrina. Upon my
return to the New Orleans area, I drove around with my list places. I marked off what was open. When I rode by the Peppermill, I noticed kitchen equipment outside in front. After some time the restaurant re-opened. The inside had been redone. Besides some dark greens and reds and browns, there were some murals on the walls across from the front entrance. They depicted columns and archways with Italian cypress along a hillside.




acrylic on canvas, 5" x 5"

The murals and décor inspired this painting. The background is made up of colors from the curtains, chairs and walls. I then painted Italian cypress with a light blue background I saw in the mural. Originally I had an archway framing everything. However, it became problematic. So, I eliminated it. This is the last piece in this batch.

8 comments:

  1. great blog - lovely work - unpretentious too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ed:

    Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. : )

    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. lana:

    Thank you. I particularly appreciate your comment given that I had to kill parts of it and redo.

    By the way, it did sell in the spring of ’07.

    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice! I love the idea and the way you worked it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen:

    Thank you for the complement. It was a rough one to finish.

    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mo; Redos are inevitable parts of art, it seems. Even now I realize I've done part of a current project too dark & need to lighten it up significantly. C'est la vie!
    Congrats on the sale, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lana:

    The sale made up for my frustration during the rework.

    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete