Google+

Sunday, June 01, 2008

ox

As I stated in my last post I explored Blogger’s Top Ten List when I first started using Blogger. I quickly found a blog called Google Video of the Day (later GoogleTube Video of the Day). Each day at least one new video was posted. Readers were also encouraged to submit videos they found and site creator Michael Martine would credit videos suggested. Then in March of 2006 I was asked to participate as a team blogger on the site. This lasted until May when Michael decided to return to a solo act.


acrylic on canvas, 5" x 5"

This painting concerns the feel of the site during that period. I used the colors and a few of the Internet smiley graphics that appeared at the time. The site has been re-designed since that time. Unlike my other dot paintings this one is a lot more specific in appearance. But then again, someone out there might make an individual interpretation I don’t expect. It’s happened before.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting colors & contrasts here. I'm particularly taken with the blues against the black. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lana:

    The colors were the ones used on the website. The challenge was to communicate the feel of the site. Site regulars had fun making smart remarks.

    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete