Google+

Monday, November 05, 2007

Pause

Honestly I had no real plans to continue making more dot art as of the summer of 2005. In August, just before Hurricane Katrina, I exhibited art in two small group shows. One was in the Louisiana State Archives Building in Baton Rouge. The other one was shown at a gallery know as Three Ring Circus Productions off of St. Charles Avenue downtown. The group consisted of artists who teach. By the summer I was more focused on experimenting with media and techniques I had seen demonstrated.

During the spring of that year I was invited to hang my work at a woman’s shoe store. During 2005, I only had two sales of my artwork and they were both construction wood pieces. One was green with brass tacks and gold chain for hanging. The other one included hooks screwed into several sides of a woodblock.

Now I can press “play.”

No comments:

Post a Comment