Google+

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

pa

The only downtown theater left in New Orleans is Canal Place Cinema that is run by Landmark Theaters. It is located in Canal Place. A number of the arthouse films show there. The New Orleans Film Festival takes place there too. The décor in the theater was the inspiration for this painting.


acrylic on canvas, 5" x 5"

There are some space age looking light fixtures that consist of a metal covering with antennae shaped parts up and parts down in front of a white circle. The bulb is behind the metal covering. Light hits the white circle and shines around the metal covering. That is the basis for my imagery interpretation. The red, black, gray and white are the colors used in the interior of the theaters and lobby of the space. I currently use this painting as an avatar.

3 comments:

  1. This was a very interesting post, Mo. I really enjoy hearing the stories behind your art and how you went about creating the different works. It's fun to be let in on your creative thought processes while you work. This piece makes a clever avatar too. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. daisy:

    Thank you. : )

    Even if I have a specific ideas in creating a work, I’m always more interested in what other people find in and/or bring to my work.

    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before I read the description I was going to say, "that looks familiar." ;)

    ReplyDelete