Google+

Sunday, December 28, 2008

"e" Series Part One Is Coming Soon!

Even though the next grouping of 5” x 5” ‘s is on hold, I already painted the first coat of acrylic on my canvases. Here’s a sneak peek of this batch. I decided to stick with vowels in naming this series. Below is a photo of the first half of the “e” series. Although I have the themes picked out for each one, I don’t have an overall theme name yet. That will come in time.


26 - 5" x 5" s, acrylic and color pencil on canvas

2 comments:

  1. You are making good progress, Mo. I look forward to seeing what you do next. I think I remember you saying once that you teach also? Am I remembering that right?

    You seem to accomplish a great deal with your art. I am impressed if you do that and also hold a teaching job. Your days must be pretty full.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisy:

    Between the falls of 2001 and 2005, I taught in a talent visual art program that is part of the local school system. When my health drastically changed in 2005, I left the program. The dot art grew out of some art experiments during that period. Check posts from July 2007 – September 2007 to follow my progression. Specifically, there was my initial interest in Impressionism and Post-Impressionism. Then later on I saw some Aboriginal artwork and wanted to imitate that method of dot painting.

    When I did teach, I usually had my own artwork in the classroom. I wanted the students to see what I was doing and how I went about my work. Currently, painting takes a lot out of me. Some days I just mess things up. So when I am on a roll, I try to accomplish as much as possible. Lately I’ve been working out ideas in my sketchbooks. I’m hoping for a breakthrough with my other kind of art. See my other blog art at random.

    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete