Google+

Sunday, November 02, 2008

za

Here we are at the end of this batch of paintings. Unfortunately my source photos perished with my last computer. They were of a pre-owned Volvo I purchased after first one that was totaled. My new one is ruby red. It has a beige interior. And that’s where this painting starts, the background colors.


acrylic on canvas, 5" x 5"

My imagery is primarily from two photos. One was of the light under the side mirror. It was a new feature on this model, 2004. The previous car was from 2001. The other image is a lit up tail light. I used other dots to fill in the rest of the canvas. This piece was difficult to finish because of the colors. I liked the color variances that happened.

4 comments:

  1. Every time I see one of your dot art paintings, Mo, all I keep thinking is that you must be the most patient person around. It just seems like it would take such a long time to make these with all the individual dots and following a certain pattern and all. It just amazes me.

    Hope you had a good weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. daisy:

    Yes, the paintings are very time consuming. However, the results are worth it. ; )

    I enjoyed my extra hour of sleep this weekend. : D

    Mo : D

    ReplyDelete
  3. lana:

    Grok?

    Thank you. : D

    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete