Google+

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

ya

In the beginning of the video “Uptown to Metairie,” I traveled along Carrollton Avenue in Uptown New Orleans. One building, that shows up briefly at the 27 second mark, is the original
Ye Olde College Inn. Before the flood, that followed Hurricane Katrina, the owners had purchased a building that was adjacent to the restaurant property. After the flood, they decided to demolish the original building and turn the other building into Ye Olde College Inn. This restaurant has been a favorite of my family’s for years – especially the Fried Oyster Loaves. Well, naturally I decided I should do a painting of the new incarnation of Ye Olde College Inn.



The front façade with all the lights caught my attention. One of the ongoing inspirations for my dot artwork has been the pattern of lights at night. I adapted a night photo I took into dots. Controlling color on a dark background proved difficult. Anyway, check out the photos from a visit to Ye Olde College Inn on my other blog pic journal.


acrylic on canvas, 5" x 5"

2 comments:

  1. Very cool, Mo! Yellow (and shades of it) is my favorite color. I think you did a great job of capturing the lights of the facade. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. daisy:

    Thank you. : )

    It was a difficult painting to finish.

    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete