Google+

Thursday, October 09, 2008

ta

A couple of years ago AOL introduced AIM Pages for AOL and AIM screen names. It was an attempt to jump into the social networking that became popular with sites such as MySpace and Facebook. More recently these pages were reorganized and renamed AIM Profiles. When I first set up my AIM Pages, I chose different backgrounds for various screen names. Each of my screen names and backgrounds was tied a type of art
I make.


acrylic on canvas, 5" x 5"

Anyway, this painting is an interpretation of all the backgrounds I used: bubbles, clouds, smears, splatters, stars and triangles. The imagery is all combined together and simplified. It definitely looks surreal.

6 comments:

  1. I really like this one, Mo. All the different motifs work well together, and yet they are all still made from dots--cool! This one expresses a kind of celebration of joy to me too with the stars, puffy clouds, and what look like little flowers to me in the images. You can't have too much joy in your life, in my opinion. Very nice. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! And now you're using my colors:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. daisy:

    Thank you. You made my Friday! : D

    I struggled with this one a bit before it gelled together.

    Mo : D

    ReplyDelete
  4. jan 4 insight:

    Thank you. : D

    Now I have to go have a look at your current work.

    Mo : D

    ReplyDelete
  5. lana:

    Blues are soothing.

    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete