Google+

Saturday, May 24, 2008

ov

One of the last days I spent in Chicago, I made a day trip to the Ukrainian Village. One of the places I visited was the Ukrainian National Museum. A woman took me on a tour of the museum and explained some of the history of the Ukrainians who settled in Chicago. At the conclusion of the tour, I bought some wooden Easter eggs that were decorated with roosters.


acrylic on canvas, 5" x 5"

The stylized brush strokes used on the eggs provoked me to do an interpretation using dots. I simplified the plumage on my rooster image and came up with my own background color. This one ended up being one of my favorites of this group of dot paintings.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this one, too! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lana:

    Thank you.

    This one sold quickly too.

    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete