Google+

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

ou

One place I spent a lot of time as young person was the New Orleans Country Club. My siblings and I enjoyed swimming there in the summer and playing tag with the other kids. We knew the place well. Some years ago there were some renovations that involved changing the hallways from pastel green to a red-orange. The damage from Katrina involved repainting. The interior halls are again green pastel and the furnishings are coordinated to go with them. I wish this color wasn’t so commonly used, however. Yes, I miss the red-orange.


acrylic on canvas, 5" x 5"

For this painting I used the greens I saw, but I didn’t worry about picking up any specific design. This is kind of a sequel to the red and yellow rug piece, which I consider of breakthrough work. There are certain pieces that surprise in good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment