Google+

Monday, May 12, 2008

os

After playing cards, I met my sister, my two aunts and my uncle for dinner at Dick and Jenny’s. We went early since the place doesn’t take reservations. The restaurant is located at 4501 Tchoupitoulas (chop-i-two-lass) near Napoleon Avenue in Uptown New Orleans. Dick and Jenny Benz based their restaurant on ones they like from this area and abroad. The building is a mid-nineteenth century barge-board-cottage that was formerly a grocery store and later on a poboy shop. The walls inside are covered with dinner plates bearing the names of the founding customers of the restaurant.


acrylic on canvas, 5" x 5"

As you might have guessed from my painting, the walls are orange. As for the design, it is a decorated dinner plate made of dots. This is not based any specific plate, but a general symbol for all the plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment