Google+

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Organic Grid

This sketch was completed just before the next piece I'm about to post. It was rendered with a set of Staedtler color pencils. I wanted to compare it to a Prismacolor set of colored pencils. A Prismacolor set is more on the waxy side.

Even though there are no dots, the experimentation with a grid anticipates some of the things that happened in my next finished piece. It was a trial sketch, if you will. It also harkens back to a series of works in which I played with positive and negative spaces. That goes back twenty years. Once in a while I revisit the idea.


colored pencil on paper, 5.5" x 8.5"

2 comments:

  1. Looks almost like patchwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilters often bring up that point when looking at some of my art.

    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete