Google+

Thursday, October 04, 2007

The Greek Code at Anglade-Barthelemy Gallery

Anything before Hurricane Katrina is a dramatic blur these days. So I have to try to piece together some events. Fortunately I kept calendar logs that give me a sense of what was happening in past years. However, I did miss writing events down on some days.

Here are some more of my small dot paintings with Greek names. The picture was taken at Anglade-Barthelemy Gallery, a co-op gallery on Royal Street. I exhibited art there 1997 through 2004 when it closed for good. By the time this picture was taken I had already sold a few from the series.

After using a number of predictable patterns, I became frustrated. What pattern was I going to use next? At this point I was stumped. It was the summer of 2003 when the answer came to me . . .

Alpha, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon, Zeta, Theta, Kappa, Lambda, Mu, Nu, Omicron, Pi, Rho, acrylic on canvas, 6" x 6" each

2 comments:

  1. These are so cool! Mo, your art is such a gift, and you have so much talent. Such a pleasure it is to see your work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisy:

    Thank you very much. : D

    I keep kicking myself for not taking more pictures of this series of paintings. This was before I had my digital camera. The only other paintings were the original four 6" x 6" ones. I needed to make four small paintings for a show in small gallery. Everyone that saw them in the show told me I needed to make more of them. Luckily these works became a successful series for me.

    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete