Google+

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

on

In June of 2006, I attended the wedding of a fraternity brother who lives in the Jackson area. The wedding took place in a Methodist Church. Now I’ve been to my share of weddings and I’ve seen various traditions of attire. In this wedding, the groom and groomsmen all wore white. What was interesting is that none of their tuxes included ties. All of them had that “priest/reverend-like collar.”


acrylic on canvas, 5" x 5"

One project, I have been wanting to do, was to work with very light pastel colors. Here was my chance to do so. In this painting I depicted the collar I noticed at the wedding. Having created several dark paintings in a row, I was ready to paint a bright one.

The order of my dot paintings is based upon when they are completed even if I work on several at the same time. As long as I have to mix colors used in several of the works, I tend to work on them together. Besides I sometimes need to let the dots dry on one while I work on another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment