Google+

Saturday, April 02, 2011

om

In June of ’06 I went to a screening of an “Inconvenient Truth.” Even before seeing it, I had read discussions about whether global warming had contributed to the severe hurricane season in 2005 or whether it was just part of the natural cycle of more active hurricane seasons. What surprised me was the discussion of the polar ice caps and rate at which they were said to be melting. Since I do live in the New Orleans area, that includes some parts below sea level, this issue hit home.


acrylic on canvas, 5" x 5"

Well I felt compelled to represent the what I had seen in one of my dot paintings. I took a chart of rising temperatures and translated it into an abstraction using dots. Several folks have interpreted this image as a skyline from a city – including the person who bought the painting.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting story, Mo. When I looked at this, I imagined it being a volcano with lava going down the sides and flowing to the sea (the blue color). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisy:

    Thank you.

    I always reading your take on my dot imagery.

    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete