Google+

Thursday, March 17, 2011

oj

In the spring of 2006 I went to a special screening of Steven Soderbergh’s “Bubble.” Soderbergh was on hand to take questions after the movie. The film concerns two workers at a doll factory. One is a young man and the other is an older woman. Their friendship is changed when a young woman is hired. There is a murder.


acrylic on canvas, 5" x 5"

Anyway, the older woman in this has a facial expression that is very similar to the ones on the dolls’ faces in the fiilm. There are two scenes in which a blue spotlight shines on the older woman’s face. That is the focus of my painting. I wanted to capture the feeling of the epiphany scene, if you will. I wasn't worried about attaining a likeness of the actress. I just wanted to communicate those two moments. Also, "Bubble" was a digital film.

No comments:

Post a Comment