Google+

Saturday, March 05, 2011

og

Another exhibit I visited at the Chicago Cultural Center, while attending the art educators convention in Chicago, was “Los Carpinteros.” This show was by a collaborative group of Cuban artists that creates a wide variety of artworks including installation art. Several pieces in the show were rather whimsical, i.e., a porcelain couch with stove burners, porcelain stairs with stove burners, a large wooden hand with drawers, etc.

Anyway, for this painting I was inspired by the teal color of a table that contained a shallow pool for ice that would melt and re-freeze. When I rendered this painting with dots, I implied drawers with knobs – based on several sculptures containing drawers in the show. Before leaving the building I bought a catalog for each show I saw.


acrylic on canvas, 5" x 5"

No comments:

Post a Comment