Google+

Saturday, April 03, 2010

we

Many of you will remember the scene in the “Matrix” in which Morpheus offers Neo a choice between the “blue pill” and the “red pill.” Well, that is what makes my story of coincidence amusing. A few years ago I picked up two medications prescribed by my doctor. Later that night when I went to take my pills, I discovered one was blue and the other one was red. In contrast to the film, I was not asked to choose between the two.


acrylic on canvas, 5" x 5"

From that moment I knew I wanted to make a painting based on the two pills. After some thought, I decided to divide my canvas down the middle with blue and red. I knew I wanted to use the shape of the two pills on top, but I was undecided about the lighting. Finally I decided to make the edge around the shapes the brightest. Now that I’ve finished I’ve noticed how much the shapes look like the number “ten.” However, that was not my intention.

No comments:

Post a Comment