Google+

Monday, March 22, 2010

te

Long before I met the pastel artist, Eli Sproles, I was impressed with his use of color in his figure paintings. I’ve seen him demonstrate his technique several times rendering portraits. One time I was the model for a portrait. Since I’m very passionate about color in my work, I wanted to create a dot painting in spirit of his palette.


acrylic on canvas, 5" x 5"

First I began with a brown background in several shades. On top of that I added bright colored dots with transitions between them. I decided from the outset to keep my painting abstract. Because the size of the dots was so small it took a number of hours to render this piece.

2 comments:

  1. This is very nice, Mo. You must have a great deal of patience for the work you do. It amazes me to think about the time it would take to devote to your art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisy:

    Thank you very much! : D

    Some days I am more patient than others. Making art does take a lot of time.

    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete