Google+

Sunday, March 14, 2010

re

Because of the parking situation downtown, I usually visit several places that are near one another. On one of my trips I went to the The Ogden Museum of Southern Art. On the fourth floor a single gallery is dedicated to artist Will Henry Stevens. At one time he lived in the area and taught. He worked in realism and abstraction. What impressed me most was his use of color.


acrylic on canvas, 5" x 5"

In keeping with the diamond format in this batch of my dot artworks, I figured I’d make the top corner into a mountain. I love the color he used in his mountain landscapes. A brochure I purchased helped me choose my palette. I then played with color transitions.

2 comments:

  1. Nice job with this one too, Mo. I hope you and your family have a Happy Easter! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisy:

    Thank you. : )

    'Glad you like it.

    You and your family have a Happy Easter too. : )

    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete