Google+

Thursday, February 26, 2009

aj

On a Sunday around St. Patrick’s Day and St. Joseph’s Day, the Annual Irish-Italian Parade takes place in Metairie. This was the first time I had attended this particular parade. I decided to base my design on a flower that I was handed during the parade. The tradition is that you exchange a kiss with the marcher in order to receive the flower. The same tradition follows for some Mardi Gras marching groups too.






acrylic on canvas, 5" x 5"

Several of the marchers wore black tuxedos with white shirts. Some had red ties and beads and some had green ties and beads. I threw in all the colors in my design: black, white, red and green. I used dots to help define the flower. Some folks have told me that this looks like a Christmas painting.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it does look Christmasy. It is very pretty. I always enjoy hearing the stories behind your art, Mo. I hope you have a good weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisy:

    Thank you. I'm happy you like the stories. : )

    'Hope you have a good weekend too.

    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete