Google+

Saturday, February 14, 2009

ag

In the spring of 2007, I attended a Le Petit Art Guild meeting. Kitty Parakh was the artist who made a presentation. She talked about Abstract Expressionism. She showed samples of her work and talked about her process. The talk she gave was the inspiration for this piece.


acrylic on canvas, 5" x 5"

The pattern I made was based on a watercolor painting she showed us. The colors I chose came from a grouping of her works that I have seen. Click on the link above to visit her site.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this one, Mo. It is very pretty. It has a kind of carefree, nostalgic feel about it to me. Makes me think of cotton candy and 50's soda fountain counters, and poodle skirts and county fairs. :D

    Hope you are having a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisy:

    Somehow the orange interrupts what you're saying - at least for me. Thank you, though. : )

    Hey this is the weekend before Mardi Gras! I'm doing my best to have a good one. : D

    Mo : D

    ReplyDelete