Google+

Sunday, February 22, 2009

ai

Following Hurricane Katrina, an artist organization I belong to, called ARTinA (art in Algiers), scheduled several of its artist members to make presentations. Flamework glass artist, Debbie Dufrene, demonstrated lamping to the artists gathered. She makes a variety of glass beads. She passed around samples of her work as she demonstrated the process.




acrylic on canvas, 5" x 5"

Given the look of the beads, I wanted to create a painting that captured a similar spirit. So using bright colors, I divided up the square surface. I then created a circle, made up of dots., on top of each background. See a bowl of Debbie Dufrene’s beads below.

4 comments:

  1. Very bright and cheerful, Mo! :D

    You captured the essence of the beads very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisy:

    Thank you. It's good to know I succeeded in my mission.

    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Maurice! I posted this on my own blog and will get some pics posted soon of the art that you have inspired in turn.

    http://debideauxdesigns.blogspot.com/2009/03/inspired-art.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie:

    Thank you for the link on your blog. I'm now following your blog too.

    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete