Google+

Thursday, July 31, 2008

ia

In November of 2006, I attended an ARTinA meeting at the Mt. Olivet Episcopal Church in Algiers Point. Fellow artist Glinda Schafer briefly demonstrated the use of pastel before turning loose the artists gathered. She furnished all the supplies and the still life objects. Below I’ve included the photos from that night, the pastel I made and the final dot painting I completed. The imagery in this dot painting is based on that evening and the piece I made that night.







In rendering this work I abstracted the shapes of the objects and overlapped colors. I played visual games with this piece. It is sort of in the cubist tradition, except I finished it with dots.


acrylic on canvas, 5" x 5"

2 comments:

  1. That one's really cool. I love the way it's so packed FULL of dots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lana:

    Thank you. : )

    The more of these I do, the denser the dots seem to get - well except for a few.

    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete