Google+

Saturday, December 01, 2007

io

You remember the painting ao depicted the path of Hurricane Katrina? Well this one shows the path of Hurricane Rita. Just follow the middle green dotted line. Although this one slammed southwest Louisiana, it made New Orleans flood all over again. But that's only part of the story of this one.


acrylic on canvas, 5" x 5"

The storm didn't hit until a weekend. Some friends of mine ended up in Memphis around that time. We ended up going to see "Pretty Persuasion." The film was filmed at the same school as "Donnie Darko." In this one the boys wore blue shirts with their uniforms and the girls wore pink shirts with their uniforms. So that's where some of the colors came from. I don't remember what me choose the other colors. Anyway, so much for that one.

4 comments:

  1. although i'm very poor in judging artworks, i must say your art is stunning.
    most of all, hw can u handle all those blogs?
    regards,
    DIVAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work! :) Thank you for sharing it with us! I absolutely LOVE dot paintings! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  3. DIVAS:

    Whereas, there are design rules artists should follow, I believe the ultimate test is generating a reaction such as yours. You’ve seen a piece you liked. That’s something very individual. There are things you bring to the piece that make it special for you – postmodern “the artist is dead” theory. Well, I’m still here, of course. With that theory, the emphasis is on the viewer, not what I intended.

    I wouldn’t recommend creating so many blogs. Coming up with new material can be a strain at times.

    However, I do like having different blogs for the various genres of art I make. They force me to focus on what I am doing, where I’ve been and where I am going in my process.
    Also, they give visitors a chance to wander around a group of blogs that have specific bents.

    And then there are blogs like clip stop that draw more traffic than my art – much to my chagrin. I would’ve discontinued it long ago, but it brings consistent traffic. That, I can’t ignore.

    Thank you for dropping by,

    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela:

    Thank you so much for the enthusiastic comments you’ve left me on this blog. You’ve got me blushing now. It’s the kind of color that earned me the nickname “tomato face” – courtesy of a childhood friend.

    HUGS back.

    Mo ; )

    ReplyDelete