Google+

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

This painting begins with a film I saw in Memphis entitled “Forty Shades of Blue.” It was filmed in Memphis and the director was on hand to take questions after the movie. Well, I didn’t like it enough to stay. In fact I hated the movie. In the plot, there was a love triangle with people that just did not interest me. Overall I found the film irritating and depressing.


acrylic on canvas, 5" x 5"

That being said, some of the background shots included flickering blue lights. I previously have discussed bokeh/circles of confusion. Well that part interested me. As I mentioned before, my order of canvases, beyond the first eight, did not arrive until the day before I left Memphis to go back home to Metairie.

Back home I saw many roofs of houses covered with blue tarps. Well, that’s the blue I used to create a background color. My composition had a number of variations of that same blue color. This is the first instance where I consciously mixed something from Memphis and something from my return to the New Orleans area as I continued working on these dot paintings. As for the title, it is pure coincidence that "no" (New Orleans) was the title for this content. The title for each of my dot paintings, in this series, is assigned according to its date of completion.

3 comments:

  1. Very soothing. Makes me miss Lake Erie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. lana:

    This is one of several favorites in this series. It makes me more relaxed when I look at, also.


    Digital polaroids:

    Thank you for the compliment and thank you for stopping in to see my work. Don’t be a stranger.


    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete