Google+

Monday, July 09, 2007

My Colors

Folks who like my work have always raved about the bright colors in my art. In college using “tube color” was discouraged. Mixing and neutralizing colors received emphasis. When I graduated and painted with more neutral colors I was fussed at by fans. “What happened to your bright colors?” they would ask.

This afternoon I had a call from a shop that hangs my art. Two of my pieces sold. I brought more works to the store and picked up a check. Tonight I looked at my records to figure what works were no longer hanging at the shop. Well, the two pieces that sold had neutral colors - oc and of. Don’t get me wrong; I still love bright colors. It amused me that the two neutral pieces sold ahead of the others that were brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment