Google+

Sunday, March 11, 2012

ei

In October and November of 2007, I did hands on workshops with some artists that are members of ARTinA, a local artist organization. The artists had a lot of fun painting with dots. Each of them went on individual painting tangents.


So, I decided I wanted to represent the experience with a dot painting. David Wargo's painting provoked my design. The curvy lines of the painting gave me inspiration. The colors used by the other artists influenced my palette. As I progressed I remembered I meant to include yellow. Well, that meant an odd ending on the right side of my canvas. I thought it mades the piece more interesting.

acrylic on canvas, 5" x 5"

2 comments:

  1. Cool! I've always loved all of your dot paintings. My own dot painting has a special place in our home. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debi:

      Thank you.

      'Glad you enjoyed making your own dot art.

      Mo : )

      Delete