Google+

Sunday, February 13, 2011

ob

October 7, 2005 was the day I arrived back in the New Orleans area. The next day I drove around with a checklist of businesses and restaurants I frequented prior to the storm. Many places, that were not damaged, were up and running. With some of the places on list closed, I was forced to try
new places.

In creating this batch of paintings, I decided to stick to imagery that I encountered after the storm. King Buffet was a place I had never eaten prior to the storm. I like the fact that it had a nice selection of fresh fruit besides a vast assortment of other food choices. This image is an interpretation of one of the crystal chandeliers that is located in the recess of the ceiling. A blue light illuminates the area within the recess. The crystals capture a rainbow of colors across the chandelier.


acrylic on canvas, 5" x 5"

No comments:

Post a Comment