Google+

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Diez

This fall I completed three more 20” x 20” paintings in my “Numeros” series. Each time I change up the design. This year I was inspired by one my “5 x 5” paintings that I painted earlier in the year. Below is the first one of the
new three.


acrylic on canvas, 20" x 20"

Here is the painting, "te," that inspired my three new paintings. I used it as a launching point and then followed my intuition from there. As in my previous “Numeros” paintings, I used a pastel palette.


acrylic on canvas, 5" x 5"

2 comments:

  1. These are great, Mo. It always amazes me when I stop and think how much time it must take you to create these. You must have an incredible amount of patience! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisy:

    Yes, adding the dots takes a lot of patience. The 20" x 20" 's take even more time. This time I used smaller dots than I have in the past.

    I have to take breaks along the way. There's a lot of "paint mixing" for these paintings.

    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete