Google+

Sunday, May 10, 2009

az

Towards the end of 2006, I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea. In February of 2007 I began wearing a CPAP mask at night. It’s been an adjustment to sleep with the mask, but I’m sleeping a lot better now. As I’ve completed paintings in this grouping, I’ve been thinking that an image of a CPAP mask would provide a good ending to this batch. But what could I do to make my image interesting when I place it on a black background?


acrylic on canvas, 5" x 5"

My brightly-colored dot paintings have always been more popular. Well, I decided to add a range of bright colors around the image of a mask. The end result gave my dot painting with a 70’s feel about it. The painting reminds me of imagery from the latter part of that decade. Cue the Darth Vader breathing noise.

2 comments:

  1. I like it! I'm glad to hear the mask is helping you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisy:

    I took a while to adapt, but I feel the difference when I use it. The other variable is making sure I get enough hours of sleep.

    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete