Google+

Thursday, January 29, 2009

ad

It’s Sudoku! Yes, I love working Sudoku puzzles. When I’m sitting in a waiting room or waiting in a line for a long time, I find them handy for passing the time. In creating this piece I had a chance to combine my dots with another way I like to work, grids. In fact I have a blog dedicated to grid artwork called got grid.


acrylic on canvas, 5" x 5"

To keep things interesting, I decided to play with levels of grey in this painting. It was certainly a challenge. So far the reaction has been “Where is the color?”

4 comments:

  1. Monochromatic paintings can be a fun challenge. I've never tried sudoku, myself. I'm sure I'd be addicted, & I already don't have enough time for things as it is. *L*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mo, this is cool! I like to work Sudoku puzzles too. It is surprising how many shades of gray there are. I thought it was appropriate to use the grey, though, because when I think of these puzzles, it is usually when they are printed in a newspaper. And newspaper print often looks a bit on the grey side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lana:

    I do Sudoku when I'm standing in a line or when I'm stuck in a waiting room.

    The dots made this monochromatic piece very challenging.

    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daisy:

    When I bought my Prismacolor 120 Color Pencil Set, I learned how complicated grey is. There were different percentages of warm grey, cool grey and there was even French grey - kind of in the beige direction.

    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete