Google+

Saturday, April 26, 2008

oo

The 2006 National Art Education Convention was in Chicago. The Hilton Chicago was the main hotel for a majority of convention events. The lobby, meeting rooms, ballrooms and connecting corridors were all very ornate. The hotel is loaded with eye candy.


acrylic on canvas, 5" x 5"

When I decided to make an image about the convention
I honed in on an elegant red carpet that had a flowery gold pattern. I set about to capture the spirit of this carpet that decorated one of the large meetings rooms. Yes, this one turned out very bright.

2 comments:

  1. I love this, but I'm a sucker for "very bright." Reminds of of a solar flare, in ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lana:

    This one sold so quickly. One of the store owners was put out that she had not bought it.

    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete