Google+

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

ef

Another exhibit I saw at The Ogden Museum of Southern Art was a show of works by George Dunbar. Many of his pieces have geometric patterns involving gold leaf. However, I was surprised to see works that were more expressive than the controlled patterns. One piece I saw had large overlapping rock shapes.


acrylic on canvas, 5" x 5"

My process took a different direction this time. Sticking with my four square format, I chose four colors based on the exhibit. From there, I created an overlapping pattern of dots in each square that formed arcs. Lastly, I chose muted colors to paint the remaining portions of the squares. The result is my own tangent.

6 comments:

  1. Looks cool, Mo. I would go crazy painting all those individual little dots. You must be the most patient person ever. And you've got such an impressive body of work too. It just amazes me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisy:

    Thank you.

    As for patience . . . Well, I don't do the dots all at once. I have several painting sessions.

    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your art! You have a new follower...me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim:

    Thank you very much.

    Welcome, new follower.

    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, found your blog through BC....and I like your 'dot art' very much : ) I admit I have a thing for polka dots....Not an artist myself, but certainly an admirer of art....Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SpringBlossoms:

    Thank you.

    Artists do need art admirers.

    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete