Google+

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Hurricane Isaac

Hurricane Isaac hit the new Orleans area on the seventh anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. The storm wasn't officially recognized as a "hurricane" until the 10 p.m. report. Official reports are given at 10 a.m. & p.m. and 4 a.m. & p.m. The storm took forever to become organized. It also took forever to pass through this area. Hurricane Gustav hit Louisiana around the same time in 2008.

Evacuation, for Isaac, was voluntary in my immediate area. Lower lying areas had mandatory evacuations. Since Isaac was not expected to be as strong a storm as some previous ones, I decided to stay put. But I knew from past experiences that a tropical storm could still mean high winds and/or flooding.

When Isaac's winds had finally died down enough, I looked outside to see if I had any roof damage. One of my ceramic roof ridge tiles had fallen on my driveway and shattered. Some of the other tiles were simply displaced. So, this storm fell somewhere between Katrina (most) and Gustav (least). Other people in the region had much more damage.

This storm had me too agitated to paint. However I did render some sketches that I will post on my blog art at random. Look for them in the near future.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you made it through the storm without too much damage, Mo. It was a slow-moving one for sure. I would have been too distracted to work too, I think. Severe weather like that pretty much takes my whole focus when it affects me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daisy:

      I'll breathe more easily once we reach October. By the then the Gulf of Mexico will start to cool off. Fingers crossed . . .

      Mo

      Delete