Monday, September 05, 2011


In the beginning of 2002, I gridded off four 22" x 28" canvases. One I painted primarily orange, another purple, another blue and finally one red. Using acrylic paint I began by making all my triangles flat. I made sure that some of the colors appeared on every one of the canvases plus I added a few more. But I was visually bored.

So I experimented with depicting light shining through the triangles. That still didn't satisfy me. Eventually I painted over the triangles. At this point I was aggravated. The harsh triangles bugged me.

Unfortunately I didn't take photos along the way. So I have no documentation of what went on I as I painted each layer of paint. It wasn't until the next phase that I had an
"aha" moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment