Google+

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Color Grid

After drawing patterns inside the triangles of several grids, I experimented with
color inside a grid, using color pencils. I drew the sketch below in a small sketchbook
I had. Although I primarily used it as a scrapbook, I sometimes used it for playing with
art media.

 Beginning in 2002, I took a liking to the color orange. A film poster and an art ed convention logo both used oranges in pairs in their designs: one like glasses over eyes and the other as bicycle wheels. The coincidence appealed to me at the time. Also, Uniball came out with a pen set including an orange pen. Now and then I have color obsessions. That's how this sketch began. I played with other colors while deciding what I might want to do for a finished piece.

color pencil on paper, 5.5" x 8.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment