Google+

Sunday, June 05, 2011

Shaped by Impressionism and Post-Impressionism

It was spring of my high school sophomore year and I completed my first impressionist painting in egg tempera. The piece hung in the front hall of the school. Next thing I know the drama teacher told me she had to have it. I let her. Around that time she became an administrator. Soon the piece was framed and was proudly displayed in her office.

My source material was a black and white photograph of a big oak tree and shadows cast on the grass underneath and a nearby stream. So, I had to invent colors for my image. My high school art teacher advised me along the way.

This is the only photograph I have of my painting. It was taken with a Polaroid camera.
I had to clean up the image a little to give a cleaner photograph.

egg tempera on paper

No comments:

Post a Comment