Google+

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Just Add Circles

Recently I was forced to put aside my current series of acrylic paintings to complete some other works for a show that hangs in August. It took me a while to generate ideas for my new pieces. In general they all have to do with my current experiences online. Since one of them included dots, I thought I would share it here on this blog.


graphite on paper

The title “Just Add Circles” is my reaction to a recent online design trend that includes groupings of concentric circles as a pattern. Anyway, I played with circles inside circles, but I made it my own. Also, I drew vertical lines to break up my shapes as a positive/negative space game – if you will. I rendered the piece with graphite on Reeves BFK paper. It is a rag paper that can take a lot of abuse.

2 comments:

  1. Makes me dizzy if I look at this too long. :D I hope your show in August goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisy:

    Fortunately I had no problems with dizziness while working on it up close.

    Thank you. I've got my fingers crossed.

    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete