Google+

Saturday, February 05, 2011

"o" Series New Orleans Slide Show

While I pause on my current series of dot paintings, I wish to reflect on the period immediately after Hurricane Katrina and the flood. This group of paintings includes a span of time between October 7, 2005 through June 30, 2006. This is a companion group to the first one. My titles were reversed placing “o” first in the names. That does give me a second “oo” piece, which points out the flaw in my naming system. Well, that’s the way
it goes.

From August 9, 2006 through March 11, 2007, I worked on this series that concerns my return to New Orleans. Rather than wallow in images of flood and hurricane destruction, I stuck to mostly positive imagery. As I adapted to the new normal in this area, I tried to highlight events and places that stood out in my memory. And so, here is a slide show of the “o” Series New Orleans.

2 comments:

  1. Great slideshow, Mo! It is always so impressive to see a collection of your work all together like that. Looks fantastic! :-)

    ReplyDelete