Google+

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"a" Series Transition Slide Show

On April 22 of this year I completed the “a” series Transition. The title is based on the majority of pieces that include visual references to forced changes occurring between June and December 2006. Also some pieces deal with more serious events this time. Working on these paintings was more difficult for me - beyond just the imagery. Below is a slide show that displays the series in a linear progression.



As I discuss each one, I will occasionally stop to post new paintings from the next batch. I’m adding the second coat of paint at this time. Dabbing the dots on them will soon follow. Also, I have yet to decide on a name for the latter half of the “a” series. The new batch will include events, places and inspirations spanning January through March 2007.

2 comments:

  1. I like "ia," "ta" & "va" best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lana:

    It will be interesting to see if the three remain your favorites once you have the rest of the story.

    Mo : )

    ReplyDelete